VOUVRAY LES ARGILES ROUGES 2021 JEAN-MARC GILET DOMAINES DE LA ROULETIERE
14,00 € incl. VAT
This cuvée reflects the true identity of the Aubuis terroir (clay-limestone), which gives this demi sec its power. The slow vinification of grapes harvested by hand at full maturity are vinified for one part in temperature-controlled vats and for another part in oak barrels which undergo bâtonage. the 25 g/l of natural sugars soften the natural freshness of chenin.
Fruity and spicy aroma, also a little reductive; round attack, unctuous development, well-balanced sweetness, good length; inexpensive, pleasant, well-made.
12 in stock (can be backordered)
This cuvée reflects the true identity of the Aubuis terroir (clay-limestone) which gives this demi-sec its power. It is with the greatest care that this cuvée is brought to the press. It is the result of rigorous selection and sorting of perfectly ripe grapes. Once the juice has been decanted, part of the wine is fermented in temperature-controlled stainless steel vats (80%) and the other part in oak barrels (20%). Aged on its fine fermentation lees, which are regularly stirred into suspension by stirring for 6 months, this cuvée has an excellent floral bouquet on the finish.
Tasting notes :
Colour : Attractive light yellow colour with bright golden highlights.
Nose: Dominated by notes of very ripe, exotic white fruit (lyche
Palate: Supple on the attack, with flavours of warm plums, ripe quince and sweet spices, underpinned by a final acidity that lightens the whole. The mineral finish is a reverence for the terroir. Food pairings:
Roast turbot with gravy and raw sautéed potatoes, or roast milk-fed veal with mousserons, or roast lobster with pan-fried new vegetables and Vouvray butter, or poached guinea fowl breast with coconut milk.
|8 × 8 × 30 cm